12 June, 2014

Fountain Pen Ink Review: Noodler's Dark Matter

I enjoy nice writing instruments, especially fountain pens. Over the last year I have "gotten into" fountain pens. It is a very enjoyable "hobby" if I may even call it that, for fountain pens to me are not merely something fun to use (though they are), but practical tools I use daily. Today I would like to present my first fountain pen ink:

Black and blue inks are obvious staples, and for my first ink, I was practically inclined to purchase one of the two afore mentioned colours. I prefer black over blue for most things, so I went on a hunt for the black ink I wanted to use for a long time (because one does not use up a bottle of ink very quickly). First off, I don't require a super black black ink, so that was not one of the factors in my choice. Dark Matter could be discribed as a very dark grey on some paper, but for all my intents and purposes, it is black. In the end, what really sold on this particular ink verses all the others was that the story behind this ink is science related, and it's got a cool name: Dark Matter. I had also heard many good things about Noodler's Ink and thought that it would be a wise choice to purchase one of their inks.

So without further ado, here is my sample:

Yeah, I know, a Varsity is not very impressive, but that is the only pen I have Dark Matter in right now. But Varsitys write really well, can be refilled, and only cost a few dollars.

Being a novice to ink, this review is mainly for apearence/colour reference, and not for specifics like flow or lubrication.

Picture reference as well as where one may purchase this ink: Goulet Pen Co.

The story of this ink can be found here at Noodler's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment